Saturday, February 25, 2012

Kimi Ni Todoke Movie

kimi ni todoke live action OFFICIAL

Okay, some of those reading this may not be familiar with the manga. I must say, the manga has not finished being posted on Mangareader.net and it upsets me. When I saw the movie on Dramacrazy.net I was so happy I immediately set it as my goal to start watching Friday. So, I started it yesterday and did not finish until today.

 Plot[From Dramacrazy.net]
Sawako Kuronuma, called Sadako by her classmates for her resemblance to the character from Ring, has always been feared and misunderstood because of her appearance. There are rumors that Sawako can see ghosts and curse people. However, despite her appearances, she is a sweet and timid girl who longs to be able to make friends with everyone and be liked by everyone else. When her idol, popular boy Kazehaya, begins talking with her, everything changes. She finds herself in a new world, trying to make friends and talking to different people and she can't thank Kazehaya enough for giving her these opportunities. Slowly, but surely, a sweet love is blossoming between the two as they will overtake any circumstance or clear obstacles in their way.

For this review, there will be no character reviews. I have the characters featured reviewed at http://zeki-manga-reviews.blogspot.com/2011/07/kimi-ni-todokereaching-you.html

I do not wish to go over my opinions. However, I must point out that there is not Miura in the live-action.

Now, for the actors chosen, I must say I love the ones chosen for the characters. They were so fantastic in their choices. Chizu, Ryuu, and Kurumi were had my favorite actors. The actors are below:

Kazehaya is played by Harumi Miura and Sawako by Mikako Tabe



Chizu is done by Misako Renbutsu and Ayano is done by Natsuna Watanabe
Kurumizawa is done by Mirei Kiratani

Ryuu is done by Haru Aoyama
Pin is done by...well, I dunno who. I can't find it online and I'm horrible with actors...

I must say that I loved how they included the important spots. Also, their inclusion of Ryuu's brother and Chizu going into sad over-eating mode after it. It was really fantastic.
 
I must say that I was a bit upset that they skipped the Christmas party altogether. No hat or anything. :(

There was the upside of still getting to see Kazehaya's jealousy when he catches Sawako talking to Ryuu in the gym. If they didn't include that, I would have been really upset! Kazehaya's jealous moments are always the best! ^.^
Another part I liked... *checks notes* Ah, that's right! I loved how they made sure to make it where Ryuu, like, never got Sawako's name right! That's always a big thing for Ryuu. He is horrible with names.

Another scene I was overjoyed at them including was the girls getting mad at Sawako in the bathroom. If they had just focused on the development of Sawako and Kazehaya, my dislikes would be stacked high. By their involving Ryuu's brother and mentioning Ayane's boyfriends the movie was made better.

I really liked this movie. As a special treat, here are some images from the movie:

The seating arrangement that started it all...

I guess this is, like, the movie's cover

The cast(except Pin) of the movie
The place where Chizu goes when sad
The Bathroom confrontation!
The seat arrangements that started the friendships


If they had left out Sawako's role as a ghost in the courage test, I would've screamed!


Confession!

-Zeki
-Please, request any dramas you'd like me to check out and review! They can be Korean or Japanese!

No comments:

Post a Comment